Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Momos



 I first heard of momos  (dumplings) from my aunt,who I must say is a genius at Maths and you will wonder what it has to do with momos.... Anyways,  apart from being a famous Maths teacher she does a lot of community service at the church and that's where she encountered momos and the beautiful hands (as described by her) of these East Indian ladies, who made a huge quantity of momos for the church fete, I suppose. 
My aunt told me how easy it was to make momos, but it did not make any sense to me as I was not interested then. 

6 months later Cajie, Roy and Shawn went trekking the harsh terrain of Ladakh and beautiful Leh. Check it out. http://cajie.blogspot.com/2012/08/trekking-padum-to-lamayuru-day-2.html?m=1

On their return from their adventurous trek Cajie mentioned to me that Shawn had relished momos in Leh, the other being Maggie noodles while trekking Ladakh. 

Now, all of a sudden the word momos sounded interesting. I looked up the net and there it was. That evening we had momos for dinner. Shawn relished them. The end... 

Momos 2
After nearly two and a half years I felt the need for change to the regular mince meals. We mostly eat it plain with bread or chappatis or sometimes rice. Occasionally I make mince rolls with soft crepes, or simply add the mince  to a bowl of macaroni or pasta. And on special occasions I make stuffed mince buns....(will save the post for sometime later).

Ok, so I go back to the net for the oh so simple recipe of momos.  Here it is http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Momos    

See how easy it is to make momos!! As for the filling, you can very well go with whatever you have available, beef, chicken, pork, veggies, even Yak meat as originally made in Nepal and Tibet. It takes the same amount of time as you would to make chappatis or crepes. 

               A spoonful on a palmful. 

Momos can be steamed as well as fried. We like it steamed. 20 minutes in the steamer and they are done.



 Hmmm, it's awesome!!! And they taste yummy!!!

Momo, I want more....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bebinca