Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Small Wedding Cake : White and Gold.

You are not going to believe this . This is the first wedding cake I have made. 


Yes, officially the first wedding cake.  The only other two wedding cakes I made were for my brother's wedding and my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. Well I have made two and three tier cakes for other occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and engagement, so making this one was a piece of cake. 

I was expecting the bride to be like all other brides, having in mind her dream cake for her wedding. This bride had just one thing in mind "gold". I was left clueless. I  gathered information on this gold color theme with regards to the bridal bouquet, bridesmaids dresses, decor and based on that decided on making gold roses. 

I went back to the youtube video made by Erika on how to make roses out of play dough http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6FK44JhxSgE
She was barely 6 years old when she showed us how easy it was to make roses. Won't you agree?

The cake was red velvet,  filled with buttercream and covered with white fondant. I brushed the fondant roses with a dash of gold luster dust. 

The bride loved it...(I was told that a portion of the cake was headed to Goa for family who could not make it to Kuwait for the wedding). 

Done with the first wedding cake, and the very next day I got an order for another wedding cake. That's coming up in June. Stay tuned as I will post my experiences here. 

Till then Mother's day celebrations!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bebinca