Sunday, May 11, 2014

Red Velvet madness

That was a long wait since my first post. I have been marathon baking since then.. Baking nothing but red velvet cakes and cupcakes. Red velvet madness!!!! It's been the flavour of the month, or should I say, the season. With 144 cupcakes for a 1st Holy Communion party, I lost count of how many cupcakes I had baked, and had to empty my refrigerator to accommodate these beauties. 


Decorating 144 cupcakes was not an easy task. There was buttercream and cupcakes all over the kitchen, covering every inch of counter space. 

A red velvet cupcake with a swirl of sweet yummy buttercream and a fondant disc for the host with a dash of gold and green sugar sprinkles (party theme colors) made a perfect 1st Holy Communion cupcake. 


Transporting the cupcakes was going to be a daunting task, without having to toss the boxes. It was only right to have them packed in big sturdy boxes, making it easy to handle. 

 

3 boxes accommodating 48 cupcakes in each box, well thought. All the cupcakes arrived their destination safe and sound.
Phew!!!!  

Had to treat myself my favorite Pani Puri before heading home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bebinca