Monday, June 9, 2014

June Wedding

Yeah!!! I did it. The June wedding cake 


Last month I did my first official wedding cake http://priscillamakes.blogspot.com/2014/05/small-wedding-cake-white-and-gold.html?m=1   
and the very next day I got an order for another wedding cake. This is the cake. 

The theme color was apple green. The calla lilies were a perfect match and this bride definitely knew what she wanted. The couple wanted to serve their guest three different flavours and so the bottom  tier was plain vanilla sponge, the middle tier was red velvet and the top tier was dark chocolate, all filled with yummy buttercream and covered with fondant. 

I got down to making the flowers a week before the D day and could not wait until the cake was ready to decorate it with the flowers. 


After spending a couple of hours decorating the cake, I sat admiring my creation.. Now transporting this beauty was going to be a nightmare in broad day light.  

But before that, I missed hubby, my professional photography who was somewhere in Orlando photographing a lake full of alligators. I must have taken more than a dozen pictures of the cake from all angles and directions, in natural light and spot light,,, whatever you call it, iPhone and a samsung galaxy, Panasonic and an olympus camera; all the cameras lying around the house... No, I did not touch the Nikon... It's untouchable. 

After the photo session I boxed the cake
and chalked out the route I would take to deliver the cake, taking into consideration  all the curves, corners, roundabouts and speed breakers, uphill and downhill. I placed the cake box on a fleece blanket at the rear of my RAV4. The fleece blanket acts as an anti skid sheet and holds the box in place. 

Now for the ride, I got behind the wheel, accompanied with Erika and we drove the car at snail pace, with Erika checking on the cake at every turn and bump. After the longest short distance ride of my life we arrived at the Crowne Plaza hotel. 

We surveyed the Al Andalous ballroom which was beautiful decorated in the theme color for the nuptials ceremony and reception of Amir and Nory.  Spotting the beautifully decorated cake table we centered the cake on the table and gave it the finishing touches. 


Oh what a beauty!!! Could not, but help admire it. The couple are on their honeymoon and I am waiting for a feedback from them.

Now I am all for wedding cakes.. Bring it on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bebinca